Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Words of Power

Words can be used for many things, they can inspire, they can oppress and they can set you free. Words are part of the building blocks of life, they can bring about so much change if you truly believe in the words you say.

The very creation of everything happened because of words that God spoke, and that same power, which was also the power that raised Jesus from the dead, is the power we have within us all. If we believe in God and the power that he placed within us, then we can move mountains with a word, we can raise the dead, and we can heal the blind.

Words can cause the most depressed individual to smile, words are power to be used for the greater good. This power is meant to spread joy, healing, love and so much more. Although many of us use our words to harm people, God still believes in us, and that we will do what is right.

Our words can change lives for the better or worse, they can restore faith, or tear it away. I don’t know about you but I want my words to inspire, whether it’s a thousand people or just one. If I can speak a good word to one person and change their life then I have accomplished something great.

I want my words to speak life, not death or despair; I want my final words to be words of the power of God.

Life is too short to speak words that cause pain; I pray my words speak love and kindness. This is what I aspire to and I hope many more follow this example, for these are not my words but the words of the God that made us.

Matthew 12:37
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Proverbs 10:19
When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise.

Proverbs 12:13
An evil man is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, But the righteous will escape from trouble.

Proverbs 13:2
From the fruit of a man's mouth he enjoys good, But the desire of the treacherous is violence.

Proverbs 13:3
The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; The one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 21:23
He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment